Family law and Domestic Relations lawyers often assist with child abuse matters, domestic violence, juvenile law, and/or any other major family law issue. Two of our attorneys in this practice area hold credentials above and beyond their license to practice law: Randy L. Happeney is a Certified Specialists by the Ohio State Bar Association, and Norman J. Ogilvie, Jr. is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Below are some typical Family Law practice areas that a lawyer can assist with:
Please note that some list items may be linked to other pages to help further define a subject, or answer frequently asked questions:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Ante-nuptial Agreements
- Juvenile Abuse
- Dependence Actions
- Grandparent Custody
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence
- Juvenile law
Dagger Law’s Family Law and Domestic Relations practice and attorneys, are regionally recognized among the best.
When you need a Family Law Lawyer, you need someone that you can trust, someone with experience in the courtroom, and someone who can help you reach your goals. At Dagger Law, the practice of Domestic Relations and Family Law is a routine part of our daily business, but no case is ever routine. Dagger Law averages 13 new Family Law cases per month, and we know that each case has its own unique characteristics. We believe that a Lawyer who practices in Family Law should focus predominantly on Family Law and related areas such as Estate Planning and Litigation. You wouldn’t want to see a general practice physician for brain surgery, and you wouldn’t want a criminal defense attorney to handle your divorce. At Dagger Law, we encourage our attorneys to focus on a practice area and to become skilled lawyers within their focus area. This has resulted in our Family Law Lawyers attaining specialized credentials, and recognition among their peers, for their work in Family Law cases.
Family Law practice recognitions include:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms – Tier 1 rated in Family Law
- 2015 Central Ohio Lawyers of the Year – Norman J. Ogilvie, recipient
- Columbus Business First, Ranked 10th Top Family Law Firms in Central Ohio – 2017
- Columbus Business First, Ranked 13th Largest Family Law Practices in Central Ohio – 2018
- Columbus Business First, Ranked 13th Largest Family Law Practices in Central Ohio – 2019
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Norman J. Ogilvie
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Specialist in Family Law – Randy L. Happeney and Norman J. Ogilvie
- Super Lawyers Awards – Randy L. Happeney (2008-2019), Norman J. Ogilvie (2004-2019), Alyssa L. Parrott (Rising Star, 2019)
- George D. Martin Professionalism Award, 2018 – Norman J. Ogilvie, recipient