Lancaster, Ohio – Attorney Bryan M. Everitt was made partner in Dagger Law. He engages in the general practice of transactional law, with an emphasis on real estate, business law, estate planning and probate. Everitt is licensed to practice in all state courts in Ohio and the Southern District of Ohio (U.S. Federal Court). Additionally, he is a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Ohio.
“Bryan is deeply committed to serving as a trusted advisor while adapting and evolving based on changing dynamics, particularly within the real estate and title industry,” said Jeff J. Spangler, co-managing partner at Dagger Law. “Throughout his career, Bryan has demonstrated his passion for serving others and we look forward to the significant contributions he will continue to make to our practice in his new leadership role.”
A Lancaster native, Everitt graduated, with honors, from The United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Following his graduation, he was commissioned as a Naval Officer and began a career of military service. During his 24-year naval career, he served around the globe as a nuclear trained Submarine Warfare Officer and held numerous leadership positions including Operations Officer for the Navy Recruiting District Ohio, Professor of Naval Science at Purdue University, and Commanding Officer/Officer-in-Charge positions with various Navy Reserve Units. During the final period of his naval service, he attended Capital University Law School’s evening program while also working full-time. Everitt joined the firm in 2014, retired from the United States Navy in 2019, and was made partner this year.
In 2022, Everitt was designated as an Ohio Land Title Professional (OLTP) by the Ohio Land Title Association (OLTA). The OLTP designation recognizes individuals who have made contributions to the title industry through their work experience and involvement with national, state, and local land title associations.
He was selected to be a member of the Ohio State Bar Foundation’s (OSBF) 2021 Fellows class, an organization dedicated to advancing the law and building a better justice system. In 2017, Everitt was recognized for his dedication to the community and was selected as Young Professional of the Year by the Lancaster-Fairfield Chamber of Commerce. He has previously received a Volunteer of the Year Award and Community Service Award from Rotary International and has been awarded the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal for his community involvement during his service in the Navy.
Everitt’s professional affiliations include:
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- 2021 Fellow at the Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Member of Fairfield County Bar Association
- Member of the Perry County Bar Association
- Member of American Land Title Association (ALTA)
- Member of Ohio Land Title Association (OLTA)
- Publications Committee Member
- Membership Committee Member
- Designated Ohio Land Title Professional
- Member of Central Ohio Land Title Association
- Licensed Ohio Title Insurance Agent
- Member of the Ohio Bar College
Outside of his legal practice, he serves Lancaster, Fairfield County and beyond through his active involvement in numerous community organizations, including:
- Lancaster Alive – Founder & Vice-President
- Historic Lancaster Commission – Chairperson
- Lancaster-Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce – Legislative Action Committee – Chairperson
- Equality Ohio – Legal Clinic Committee – Co-Chairperson
- Equality Ohio – Finance & Administration Committee – Member
- Fairfield County District Library – Board of Trustees
- Lancaster Tree Commission – Member
- Lancaster Public Education Foundation – Board Member & Vice President