Norman J. Ogilvie, Jr.
A Distinguished Law Career
Mr. Ogilvie has practiced law at Dagger Law for over 50 years, having been hired in 1970, with a focus on family and domestic relations law. Areas of focus for Mr. Ogilvie include:
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Succession Planning
Mr. Ogilvie has been recognized by his peers as a Best Lawyers of America (2003 to present) and as an Ohio Super Lawyer (2004 to present).
Currently, appointments with Mr. Ogilvie can only be arranged in our Lancaster office location.
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Specialist in Family law
- The Fairfield County Bar Association (received the George Martin Professionalism Award in 2018)
- The Columbus Bar Association
- The Ohio State Bar Association
Committed to Community
Mr. Ogilvie’s commitment to his community began at an early age when he achieved Eagle Scout status in high school. After college, he served his country in the Vietnam conflict with the United States Army, and was awarded the Bronze Star. After returning to Lancaster, his home town, he continued to serve the Fairfield County community in multiple organizations, including:
- United Way of Fairfield County, Past-president
- Fairfield County District Library, Past-president
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce, Past-president (received the Floyd Wolfe Community Service Award in 2005)
- Symposiarch, Past-president
- Lancaster Festival; Celebrating Art, Music & Community (Past-president)
- Fairfield County Health Foundation, Past-president
- Rotary Club of Lancaster, Past-president
Norman J. Ogilvie Jr. was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Northwestern University, in Evanston, IL. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in Columbus, Ohio.
Mr. Ogilvie and his wife reside in Lancaster, Ohio, and have three children and ten grandchildren.