Bryan M. Everitt
A Practice Focused on Business & Real Estate
Mr. Everitt is engaged in the general practice of transactional law, with an emphasis on:
Mr. Everitt is licensed to practice in all state courts in Ohio and the Southern District of Ohio (U.S. Federal Court). Additionally, he is a licensed title insurance agent in the state of Ohio. Appointments with Mr. Everitt can be arranged in our Lancaster office.
A Lancaster native, Mr. Everitt left the area following his graduation from high school to attend The United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Following his graduation, he was commissioned as a Naval Officer and began a career of military service. During his 24-year Naval career, he served around the globe as a nuclear-trained Submarine Warfare Officer and held numerous positions including Operations Officer for Navy Recruiting District Ohio, Professor of Naval Science at Purdue University, and various Officer in Charge positions with Navy Reserve Units. During the final period of his naval service, he was transferred back to central Ohio which allowed him to pursue his law degree by attending Capital University Law School while also working full time. Mr. Everitt joined the firm in 2014 and retired from the United States Navy in 2019.
Committed to Community & Service
Outside of his legal practice, Mr. Everitt serves Lancaster, Fairfield County, and beyond through his active involvement in numerous community organizations, including:
- Lancaster Alive – Founder & Vice-President
- The Rotary Club of Lancaster-Sherman – Member & two-time past president
- Lancaster Historic Commission – Chairperson
- Lancaster-Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce – Legislative Action Committee – Chairperson
- Equality Ohio – Legal Clinic Committee – Co-Chairperson
- Equality Ohio – Finance & Administration Committee – Member
- Fairfield County District Library – Board of Trustees
- Adjunct Professor – Ohio University, Athens, Real Estate Law
- Lancaster Tree Commission – Member
Mr. Everitt was selected to be a member of the Ohio State Bar Foundation’s 2021 Fellows class, an organization dedicated to advance the law and build a better justice system. In 2017, Mr. Everitt was recognized for his dedication to the community and selected as Young Professional of the Year by the Lancaster-Fairfield Chamber of Commerce. He has previously been recognized as Volunteer of the Year by Rotary and was awarded the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal.
Mr. Everitt’s previous community involvement includes the following:
- Lancaster High School Bond Levy – Co-Chairperson
- Fairfield County Bar Association – Bar Admission Committee – Chairperson
- Destination Downtown Lancaster – Board Member
- Fairfield County Heritage Association – Board Member
Mr. Everitt graduated with honors from The United States Naval Academy in 1999 with a Bachelor of Science in political science. He also holds a Master of Engineering Management from Old Dominion University in Virginia and completed graduate-level coursework in political science while assigned to Purdue University as a Professor of Naval Science. In 2013, Mr. Everitt received his law degree from Capital University Law School, where he served as the Vice President of the student bar association.
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of Fairfield County Bar Association
- Member of the Perry County Bar Association
- Member of American Land Title Association (ALTA)
- Member of Ohio Land Title Association (OLTA)
- Publications Committee – Member
- Member of Central Ohio Land Title Association
- Licensed Ohio Title Insurance Agent
- Member of the Ohio Bar College